- Why should a customer hire you over another service provider?
Tertiary educated, motivated and presentable. Enjoy giving good customer service. I can promise good honest work for a reasonable price.
- What experience, skills, qualifications or training do you have to make you the right person for the job?
- Science based Masters degree and have a good understanding of plant and soil biology. Experience in large scale plantation management after management of a 100000 tree sandalwood plantation in Vanuatu. Physically strong and fit. Love working outdoors.
- Is there a particular aspect of your trade or industry that you specialise in?
Soil repair and improvement. Garden design and aesthetics. Lawn care. Topiary. Weeding. Tree pruning and removal. Yard clearing and cleaning.
- How do you normally charge for your service?
$50/hour for normal rate and $40/hour for pensioners and single parents
- What makes your pricing competitive?
Cheaper than Jims as no franchise fees. Low overheads means low prices for you. Aim to give you maximum value for your money.
- How can a customer save money before you start the work? Please give 3 tips
Take your washing off the line. Have your green waste bin empty to save waste removal cost. Regular visits keep garden under control.
- Are you an insured business and do you guarantee your work?
Absolutely. Will replace or repair any property damaged during work. Guarantee you will be satisfied with end result and attention to detail.
- What makes you the most reliable and trustworthy person for the job?
Police checked and insured. ABN registered. Practice rigorous honesty in all aspects of life. Enjoy making people happy with ongoing relationships.
- What do you like most about your job?
The customer. Greatly enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. Love the smell of freshly cut grass. A well kept garden is good for the soul.
- How did you decide to get into your line of work?
I am a full time father of two. My wife is an all powerful executive. This work gives me satisfaction and an outlet for creativity.
- Are there any special offers you would like to offer to customers?
Yes. Here to help. Understand that some people need a leg up. People on pensions and single parent families will be charged at $40/hr.
- Do you have a favourite customer story you would like to share?
Yes. I am designing a beautiful garden with a lovely lady who will be hosting a massive wedding in December. We work together and the space is really taking shape. Always a satisfying day.
- What are the typical things that you need to know before you can provide a quote to a customer?
Best thing to know is how long since the grounds were last done as it gives you a better idea of how involved the work will be.
- What questions do customers most commonly ask you and what is your answer?
How often should I have my garden and lawns done? Answer. For maintenance alone 3 weeks is adequate. For maintenance and improvements every 2 weeks is best.